Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Zendala + Color = A Fun Challenge!

Not a Diva's Challenge, just a personal challenge.  I tend to be a black and white purist when it comes to my Zentangles but decided to give some color a try with this Zendala.  The shapes of this prestrung tile really said "Paradox" to me and, in true mandala style, I stayed very symmetrical with the pattern and the color.  I started the Paradox on the same side of each shape as I rotated the tile to keeps the twists all going in the same direction.  After drawing all the lines using 005 Micron pens in blue, black, green, and purple, I shaded using dry watercolor pencils that most closely matched the ink colors.  As alway, I found that Paradox and its shading really seem to work better with a very light touch.
>div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: justify:">

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments - Tangle On!