Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bridgen - two extremes

The Diva's Challenge (see link button at right) this week is another in her series of UMT (Use my Tangle) challenges and features Daved Levitan's tangle pattern, Bridgen.  My first attempt uses my usual approach to this pattern, using it as a border and filling in the spaces with another pattern (in this case, I used Erin Olsen's Socc).  Then, I wanted to see if I could bring Bridgen to the forefront and make it the star of my second tile, not just the border for something else.  Sometimes, simpler is simply better.  Thanks, Daved!
>div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: justify:'>




8 comments:

  1. They both are lovely, but I am really drawn to the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very different and very beautiful zentangles. I am impressed with your skill when using bridgen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both of your tiles but the second one really catches my eye. It's such an alive sparkling tile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! don't know which one i like best - so i like them BOTH best! i like the detail in the first, and the open space of the second!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both tiles but am really drawn to the openness of the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE both of your Zentangles too! I really like how you used Brigden as a border on the first tile. And the second tile, WOW! Simple IS extremely beautiful! You are just so darned talented!!! :-) I love your Zentangle style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, you fengled your bridgen. Or you bridgened your fengle. Either way... tops.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments - Tangle On!