Friday, June 15, 2012

Eccentric Circles

Before heading off to Chicago for a fun weekend with some special friends, I'm posting 3 solutions to this week's Diva Challenge #74 (see link button at right), another of her String Theory series. This Challenge really fascinated me - I found myself drawing several strings in different formats on different papers all week long.  Here are the ones I ended up liking the best - interesting that all ended up on 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" inch tiles.

The Diva quotes Wikipedia's definition of eccentric (as opposed to concentric) circles as "an eccentric or elliptical orbit having a different center." For some reason, this strikes me not only as a great Diva Challenge (is there any other kind?) but also as a potential theme for this weekend!
>div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: justify:">
>br />



8 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to do a ZIA on a black tile. I'm afraid to. Anyway, these are great, however, you're last one is awesome. I see a few different images in that one. A bulging eye and a spotlight. The list goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the first one... it looks like a net of shells. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O, these are so beatiful, you did a great job with it. Especially the first one, that's my favorie.

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great. Your white on black is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very interesting and brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments - Tangle On!