Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Challenge #78 - "Auraknot"

What is it about Rick and Maria's latest tangle pattern, "Auraknot", that has inspired such a burst of of creativity and Tangle-ation?  Part of it may be the fun and inventive way they chose to introduce it to us - by showing lots of examples of it without giving us the steps and then challenging us to figure them out with just a couple of hints.  Part of it may have been the additional challenge of having us come up with the name.  Nope, it is definitely the tangle itself that lends itself to so much investigation, exploration, and (dare I say it?) borderline obsession!  Personally, I can't remember being this fascinated by a new pattern since I discovered Rick's Paradox.  In the interest of space, I'm only going to post one Auraknot ZIA (with just a dash of Betweed) at this time for my entry in this week's Diva Challenge (see the link button at right).  But be warned, you'll be seeing lots of Auraknot in this blog from now on - this one is destined to be a Zentangle classic!
>div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: justify:">


9 comments:

  1. Looks like spun silver. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That didn't work. Anyway I do want you to know that your challenge piece reminds me of spun silver. I love it!

      Delete
  2. I agree. I will be using auraknot a lot in the future Great ZIA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I love the way you've got two auraknot tangles all neatly joined together. When I tried that it went completely haywire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more try to say ..... I love the spun silver look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to add Beweed to your Auraknot! So well done with great depth and shading. Escher would be jealous

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful, so detailed, and yet so simple at the same time. I love the betweed you incorporated into it. And your shading is awesome, makes it look so 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wavy and straight lines mixed together, and offset with Betweed....very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments - Tangle On!