Saturday, August 4, 2012

Tangled Triptych - Going BIG!

I was recently invited to display some of my tiles and ZIA (Zentangle Inspired Art) pieces as part of Muncie's First Thursday Art Walk next month.  I was thrilled at the prospect, but a little intimidated when the owner asked if I could do some larger pieces.  Other than framing a completed 9-tile Ensemble, the largest piece I've done is a 10" X 10" Zendala.  (Unless you count the 18" x 18" "tiles" on demo pads in class.  Actually, I was trying to figure out how I could make some of those class "tiles" work, but can't get past the look of the newsprint!)  I finally decided that I would try to do larger Ensemble-like tiles.  After finding a frame shape and size that interested me, I set to work on three 11" X 11" Strathmore bristol vellum squares.  I put them together to draw a large string through all three, then focused on each piece separately.  I did put two squares back together if I wanted to tangle over the edges from one square to the next, but for the most part, I just let myself approach each square as if it were my usual tile.  What started out as a real challenge ended up being a really fun project.  The framed size is 36" X 11 1/2".  Please forgive the bad pictures - my scanner bed is only 8 1/2" X 11".
>div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: justify:">





3 comments:

  1. Excellent....awesome!!!! I love this!! Very nice job, TSNW....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely beautiful!!! Lesley, this is one of the most magnificent pieces I've seen you tangle! And girlfriend, you have lot's of awesome Zentangles!!! I am just mesmerized by it's elegant flow and all of its dimensions! You totally rock and are so very talented!!! I am announcing that i am your #1 Fan (ok, maybe 2nd after Mike... or 3rd after Buster...) & I am starting the "Lesley S-G Fan Club"!!! :-) My email inbox is going to be flooded with people all over the world wanting to join!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, You are just TOO funny! Thanks for all the extravagant (excessive?) praise!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments - Tangle On!